Straight to the chase: if you set the nozzle temperature to 0 in Cura, and the printer instead of immediately starting the print at the temperature YOU set on it, it sets the nozzle temperature to 0, then there is a workaround which is not straightforward at all.
As per this forum post:
- Inside Cura, open Help menu and click on Show configuration folder
- close Cura
- open subfolder “definition_changes” inside the configuration folder explorer window that just popped up
- open your printer’s *_settings.inst.cfg in notepad
- identify [values] section and add
machine_nozzle_temp_enabled = False
- start Cura after having saved the modified file
Thank you Ultimaker for making this very intuitive for your users.
But seriously, thank you for the nice free software.